Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lost

I just finished my weekly guitar session, today I practiced 'Science & Faith' by The Script.
The song may or may not be familiar to some, but what I am sure about is that it is one beautiful song.
The chorus is probably one of the best I've heard, pulling in a topic that is of age old debate - A man of science and one of faith.

Talking about that, however, instantly brings up something to mind - The TV series 'Lost'.
I love the series, not just for its entertainment value, but for the voluminous amount of thought processes that have culminated not into just one but six seasons of a gripping, addictive and intriguing storyline. The science references are nothing that seems too far fetched to be possible.
Most people zone out while watching television. Unfortunately, that won't do you any good when it comes to Lost. You either pay attention or just switch off the television and walk away, because nothing will make sense in that case.
Coming down to the topic of science and faith, the whole series challenges your perception of the two. Where the characters need to be analytical but still believe in miracles.
The characters that epitomise these are Dr. Jack Shephard and John Locke.
But then again, what's a good series without its twists?

I am on season six as of now.
And the twists, turns and confusion just keep growing.
There have been full afternoons where my Father and I have sat and discussed the logic and possibilities of the series.

If you have any free time - 42 minutes to be precise - then I suggest you give the series a shot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.