Sunday, November 20, 2011

KSV Elocution

Last week, Wednesday to be more precise, I attended the K.S Varkey Elocution Competition as a volunteer.
Best Decision Ever.
The pieces rendered at the Elocution were well picked, my favourites including a piece by Bikram Vohra, a piece on Mahatma Gandhi, one on a mother and one narrated by a little girl of 6.
All the pieces were equally thought provoking. Some pulled on the 'heart strings' while others brought a wide grin to my face. I even laughed while listening to Bikram Vohra's piece.
[I must admit, I do enjoy his articles in the Friday magazine.]

But quite honestly, the greatest take away from the evening was a short speech by Dr. Anand Menon, one of our judges. The speech as well as the witty anecdote was so brilliantly presented that even the students responded with an unexpected enthusiasm.
[Trust me, when you're a student, speeches are the last thing you want to hear]

Speaking of which, our judges were people who were most experienced in the field of eloquence and literature.

Lastly, driving back home from the campus at 9:45, I have to say that the skyline was exceptionally beautiful at the time. Lit up and picturesque as if taken from a picture postcard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.